I keep forgetting to post about Fredericksburg! Before this summer, I had never been there. In July, we went with Ryan's family for Kristen & Zach's wedding and then, the very first weekend of August, I went again for a girl's weekend with some friends from Baylor.
In July, Ryan's parents rented a ranch within 10 miles of Main Street. Most of us arrived Thursday after a visit to Salt Lick (it is on the way, how could we not stop?). Since Ryan and I arrived late that evening, we missed the chance to feed the longhorns on the property. Ryan saw a few when he took Lily out early the next morning. The ranch also had deer, llamas, peacocks, and very loud peahens. I never knew peahens sounded like that, but they sound like a woman shrieking for help. The ranch also had a wrap around porch, which was so peaceful to just sit outside in a rocking chair and not do a single thing. Friday, we went to Real Ale Brewery in Blanco and then to Kristen and Zach's pretty wedding at Marquardt Ranch. The weather turned out really beautiful that weekend. Saturday morning, we climbed Enchanted Rock, had a buffet breakfast, the Toals came up to join us, went to some vineyards, and played games I had never heard of. Sunday, on the way home, Ryan and I stopped by Jester King Brewery, which he now claims is his favorite brewery to visit in Texas. Ryan's mother wrote a better post about our trip, so feel free to check out her blog here.
In August, just two weeks later, I went to join some gra(n)dgirls for the weekend. We each live in different areas of Texas so it was nice to get together and catch up again. Rachel couldn't join us this time, but we missed her! We spent the weekend mainly just hanging out in the screened in porch, playing jumbo sequence and enjoying another random nice weather weekend this summer. Katie rented a house about a mile from Main Street, so it was nice to be close to shops, but just far away enough to be nice and quiet. I love spending time with these girls and so thankful we were able to catch up.
Fredericksburg was such a nice town for a weekend get away. It had lots of little shops and restaurants in town, breweries on the way, vineyards as you come in, fresh peach stands, and lots of ranches or houses to rent. Thank you Newmans and the gra(n)dgirls for two great weekends. I already miss the random beautiful weather we had, the wrap around porch with rocking chairs, the view, the screened in porch and actually being able to see more than maybe 10 stars at night.
Wednesday, August 13, 2014
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment