Thursday, May 28, 2015

Home

Well, it's been a while since I updated and there is a bit to catch up on. We are HOME! We were discharged on Tuesday, May 19th. He was 4 weeks 6 days old.

Part of me feels like I should explain what happened during the rest of our nicu stay, but I tried typing it out and found myself erasing it and not wanting to dwell on that part because it doesn't matter anymore. We're home.

We went through a lot more ups and downs from May 9th - 19th until we were physically at home, we couldn't believe we were actually discharged. I had the photography people, biovideo, at the hospital document our discharge that morning. I loved how the video turned out and thankful we had that moment documented for us to remember. Ryan posted it to his facebook if you'd like to see it.
Being home has been great. Of course, we are functioning on little sleep and are still figuring things out, we are happy and thankful to be able to do this at home and experience this time as any other new parents would.

Elliott has had the chance to meet his family and friends, and of course his big sister, Lily. She loves him and is very sweet. He loves being held, sometimes enjoys the Moby, not always up for his activity mat, sleeps well in his crib/bassinet/pack'n'play for at least an hour, is eating well from a bottle, getting better at holding his head up and gaining better control of it, is one gassy fella, pees pretty far, loves being swaddles, doesn't like being in a woombie, cries during bathtime except when we wash his head, and keeps growing. Still dealing with some reflux, so I've cut dairy out of my diet and hope that it helps. Glad to know duncan hines brownie mix and oreos are dairy free, coconut milk with my starbucks drink is pretty good, and almond milk for cereal isn't great, but it will do.

I'm bummed we didn't get the chance for those sweet sleeping posed newborn photos, but we did have a photographer come out this past weekend and take some, hopefully, cute photos of him.

We've taken small trips to meet his pediatrician, babiesrus, lunch with grandpa and Uncle Gary, and to Target. We took our first family walk tonight and tested out his stroller. He slept the whole time.

We are just so happy to be home with him and that things are going well. Nursery and professional photos to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment