Friday, September 6, 2013

Favorite Friday 2

I feel like this has been one loooooonnnnggg week. I don't really think this week was that different from others, but for some reason, it was exhausting! I'm glad today is Friday, the weekend is here, and that a new week begins. Hopefully, I can keep up with it.

For today's favorite Friday, I wasn't really sure what to post about. Then, Ryan came home and surprised me with flowers. As I mentioned above, this week wore me out so I have been a little crabby. Since Ryan is currently passed out on the couch right now (normal occurrence every Friday afternoon), he had a long week too. Two crabby people do not make a happy home. I'm thankful that even though I've been crabby, he brought home flowers to cheer me (and him) up.

I love having fresh flowers around the house. My favorite ones are hydrangeas, peonies (rarely get these but love them when I do), dahlias, chrysanthemums, and purple roses. My mom use to help out with making the floral arrangements at her church for weddings and different events. I hated having to wake up so early and driving her down to various flower markets back then, but love going to them now because it makes me think of her. Her favorite flowers were calla lilies, orchids, and purple roses. She probably would have hated the flowers at my wedding. I remember talking to her about my someday wedding. I told her I liked the colors brown and purple. She hated it. She said it made her think of dying flowers, and I told her too bad. She laughed, and I still kept brown and purple for the wedding. Every time I see the combination, I laugh. I love fresh flowers. They brighten things up and bring up memories that I never want to let go.

No comments:

Post a Comment