Friday, August 30, 2013

Favorite Friday

I enjoy reading other blogs and seeing when they update. I guess the more I want them to update, I'm reminded that I should as well. My friend, Marisa, started a somewhat weekly post called "Foodie Friday" and posts about what she and her family had that day. In honor of her Friday posts, I thought I would do one as well and share a few of my favorite things. If I can think of enough, maybe I'll try a sort of weekly thing as well. We'll see...

For today, here are a three of my favorite products for the house and why:
1. iRobot Roomba: simple reason to love this product, I'm lazy. I just press a button and off it goes. Sweeping things up from the hardwood or rugs and bringing out balls of Lily's hair that I didn't see before. I don't want to sweep everyday, or every week for that matter. So happy we have this robot to do most of it for us. Earlier this year, it started making these clicking noises and the brushes wouldn't rotate anymore. About two weeks went by and I hated sweeping so often. So I searched on youtube to see if it was fixable. If it was broken and we had to throw it out, I might as well open the thing up and try. Ryan caught me watching some videos and said he would do it. All of this hair and dirt clogged up the inside of the roomba over the years and once that was cleaned out, it is working again. Running right now as I type this up.

2. Swiffer Dusters: again, I'm lazy. I don't dust regularly, so in between, I will just take out a swiffer duster and run it along everything. I tend to do this right before people come over to make things look clean. Good enough in my opinion! The dollar store ones aren't so bad either, not great, but not bad.

3. Bath & Body Works Eucalyptus Spearmint Candle: I am a little picky about smells. Ryan thinks I have a pessimistic nose, since I rarely comment on good smells and often can't hide my expression when I don't like a smell. This is my favorite scent from b&bw. I think these candles work better than a scentsy or related product. Anytime the 2 for $10/11 sale comes around and I have a 20% off coupon, I try to stock up on them. I just bought 6 last weekend. Another great thing to use before people come over.

No comments:

Post a Comment