I went to Fellini again and met Belem for coffee. I was running a little late because I needed some air in my tires. Thankfully, my dad bought be a travel air pump, and I was able to fix it without going anywhere. I felt a little weird doing this outside of a client's house, but I didn't want to drive to some random place or drive far with the "warning low tire pressure" light flashing at me. Anyways, I always enjoy our coffee dates, and this time, I finally remembered to take a photo with Belem instead of just our coffee.
Two Fridays ago, Kim wanted me to meet her for the grand opening of the Land of Nod toy store pop up shop in the Galleria for a chance to win a $100 gift card. She wanted to go at 6am so I wasn't really up for that. I woke up at 7 that morning, sent her a text to see how it was going, and she told me to hurry up and get there because there wasn't really anyone in line. Quick change in clothes, popped a listerine strip in my mouth, and headed to the Galleria. I was hoping I'd score that gift card to help with Christmas gifts. The first 5 people in line got the gift card. As I was walking up towards the line, the 5th person got there before me... 30 seconds before me. I was the 6th person by 30 seconds. That sucked. I still got a snag bag. At least I got to spend a lot of time catching up with Kim and Ian. We haven't seen each other in a little while so it was nice to hang out.
Last weekend, Ryan was in College Station again to see Johnny's last football game at Kyle Field. He also ordered a piece of grass from Kyle Field, so he stayed the night at Eric's. Emily came into town, and she met me for brunch on Saturday. We checked out the new Heights General Store and had brunch outside overlooking the shops on 19th street. Again, love spending time catching up with a friend.
We're going camping with Ryan's family for Thanksgiving, so we bought a tent and set it up in the living room to test it out. I have never been camping before, so we'll see how it goes... I think Lily is over her UTI, but for some reason, she is now into eating paper. I had to buy something to childproof/Lily proof our office area because she would use her nose to open the door, get inside, jump up to see what's on the desk, and eat our papers. She went through a legal pad of notes, and she also got into a bin to eat a $50 gift certificate to The Flying Saucer the guys won from trivia. She's crazy.
This past Tuesday, Ryan and I were invited to see Chicago with Jan & Buddy Wilson. Jan was the math department chair for San Jac, and retired this summer. I love going to broadway shows and have only seen the movie. It was a great show, and Ryan had the cell block tango song stuck in his head for days.
I spent another day waiting in a line. This time, it was for Pluckers, which will officially open on November 25th (I think). The first 400 people there for dinner would get a free meal. We went Thursday night and made it, but they had split everyone into different groups since it was all for training purposes. We were in the second to last group and were there for hours before we got to eat... Not exactly what I wanted to do, but we would have been at home doing same thing as we were doing there I guess. I probably would have been slightly happier if I had prepped myself by having a snack before since we didn't eat until like 10.
The next day, Friday, Kim dropped off Charlie for a little while and Marisa came over with Violet and Parker. We had a play date full of toys, rocks, visit to Ryan's mini Kyle Field, and story book time. I rested for a little bit, then picked up Sophia for our slumber party. She loved the balloons Ryan brought home that day. We got to Facetime with Taylor who was drawing, so Sophia wanted to draw/color too. She must of really loved her picture and the crayons, because she hid the picture under her when she went to lay down and held onto that crayon until she fell asleep.
After I dropped her off on Saturday, we had some friends over that night for a crappy movie night. We were going to have the movie outside, but then it rained. It stopped by the time we were going to start the movie, but it was a little gross out there. Ryan and I had planned things when it was cold so we had chili, hot chocolate, and popcorn. We were also going to have a bonfire and make s'mores. We watched Sharknado, which is the worst movie I have seen, but was one of the best movies for a crappy movie night. Seriously so horrible it is hilarious. We can't wait for next year when Sharknado 2: The Second One comes out. We might have a live watch party for that one.
More family time on Sunday and more naps. Time to rest up for the week and this weekend when my sister, Kim, comes home from Korea!! Oh yeah, if you noticed in some of the photos, yes, I do already have my Christmas decorations out. Yes, I know it is early, but I don't care. I love Christmas.
Sunday, November 17, 2013
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment