Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Trouble

Last week, I went to trivia with the boys. Unfortunately, Lily ate through the code that would validate the gift certificate, so they were unable to give us a replacement one. The boys tied for third place and ended up losing the tie breaker. The next day, we went to Fellini again. This time, we went with Ryan's family and had a good time at their aperitivo.

My sister has been living in S.Korea for the past 3 years teaching English in Icheon. She has come home for short visits before, but as of Friday, she is home for good! Glad to have her back home. I know she has missed hanging out with the family, so I asked our cousins to come over on Sunday for a pot luck brunch. I forgot to take pictures of all the yummy food but we had a lot of eggs, bacon, and potatoes.

Part of the reason why I didn't take any photos is because I didn't make it through the brunch. Saturday night, I started to have an allergic reaction. I don't know what triggered it and I have never had one this bad before. I think it is because of the new leggings I wore and didn't wash before I wore them. Then again, some people said it had to be something I ate because it was all over. On Sunday, it just got worse. The hives eventually spread from my toes, to my fingers, all over my face, and the tips of my ears. I was in agony. Everything itched and I felt like I looked like a mutant. Benadryl wasn't helping because it wasn't strong enough. I cancelled all of my appointments on Monday and went in to the see the doctor. I got a big steroid shot and they kept me there for a few minutes to make sure I wouldn't have an additional reaction to the medication. Finally got home and tried to sleep to keep from itching my skin off. I tried to plaster on some make up to hide my bumpy red skin, layered on some clothes to hide the hives elsewhere, and met up with my friend, Diane, at a Yelp event. Her boyfriend was proposing that evening and invited all of her friends to be there. I really wanted to be there and share this happy moment with her. I'm so glad I made it through that evening. There was just so much happiness shared between the two of them and between everyone that was there for them it was a beautiful thing to be a part of. Congrats Jimmy & Diane! I love yall! Soon after the proposal, I left, got some meds ("Benadryl's cracked out cousin" is what my Dr. called it), and passed out. Happy to see my actual face when I woke up this morning. Still have hives elsewhere, but I'm hoping this will all go away soon! Let the Thanksgiving festivities begin.

No comments:

Post a Comment