Sunday, February 9, 2014

Couponing

I have always loved a good deal. Who doesn't? I am not an extreme couponer by any means. I do not purchase multiple Sunday newspapers. I don't currently buy any newspaper. I mainly use coupons on the web, show them on my phone, get them through text, or print them off online. I recently started asking Maw-Maw to save her Sunday newspaper coupons for me, so I'll start using some of those too.

While I like the show extreme couponing, I am not willing to devote that much time to it. It sounds awesome to save that much, but these people spend all their time finding these deals! I started following some couponers through instagram and sometimes they will hit up several of the same stores in one day just to get the deal. I am not looking to do a big extreme coupon haul. I do not have the room in our small bungalow to have a stock pile of things, but I wouldn't mind getting some deals when I can.

I have created my own stack of coupons from printing them off the web and from the ones I have received from Maw-Maw. Ryan is already shaking his head at me when he asks what I'm doing and I tell him couponing. So far, I think we're set on mouth wash and toothpaste for at least half of this year. Those seem like the easiest things to get for free or cheap. There must be a lot of couponers around me though because when I try to get a good deal, the item is all gone and all I find are empty shelves. Right now, I'm enjoying it, but it does take up a lot of time so who knows how long this will last. If anyone is interested, then here are some links I use and some information on what I use often:

Krazy Coupon Lady - they were on the TLC show extreme couponing
Free Stuff Finder - found through an old friend on Instagram
Target - use your coupons first (newspaper, coupons.com, or even from target website), then use their cartwheel app and mobile coupons to save more
Kroger - use their mobile app to load coupons to your card that will deduct automatically when you scan your Kroger card to check out and they have something for free every Friday if you load it to your card that particular Friday they offer it
Pinchme - website to sign up for free samples

Recent deals this week: I received my second Pinchme box that had a trial of instant coffee, clay facial mask, and cocoa butter lotion. I bought 2 sticks of deodorant and three packs of floss for $3.22, but received a $3 off my next purchase coupon when I bought them which makes all 5 items for $0.22 total. I also bought toothpaste, mouthwash, toothbrushes, and swiffer dusters this week. Any other couponers out there?

No comments:

Post a Comment