Mid month update. Ryan and I became parents for the third time, and by that I mean Godparents, of course. We became godparents to Millie and celebrated with the Toals afterwards at the original Ninfa's off Navigation.
After the baptism, Ryan and I headed over towards Cypress to make the end of Diane & Jimmy's wedding shower. Jimmy's sister and the wedding party did such a great job with everything! I'm sorry I couldn't be there earlier to help set up, etc., but I'm glad we were able to make it towards the end. Even though I had so many paper cuts from making the pinwheel wall decor she wanted, I loved how it turned out.
The next weekend, I hung out with my family while Ryan as in College Station for the A&M game. Afterwards, Kim met my sister and I for dinner at Coltivare. We had Kim, Kim, and Kimmy. We ordered several things to try and of course ordered one too many dishes. It was fun to enjoy the nice weather, catch up, and eat good food. We had their roasted cauliflower, chicken wings, mussels, focaccia , crab ravioli, and their mushroom pizza. Since we were meeting my siblings in the morning the next day, my sister just spent the night at my house. While Kim was driving home, she got a flat tire and was luckily still near my house. My sister and I drove out to meet her and started to change her tire. Thankfully, Ryan had just reviewed how to change a tire with me about a week ago so I actually felt like I knew what I was doing. While we were slowing making the jack lift up her car, a truck drove by, saw three girls in an empty parking lot trying to change a tire at 1:30am, backed up, and pulled up behind us. Of course my danger radar is going off and I don't know if we should be getting ready to run or I should be holding a bar in my hand. He ended up being a mechanic who didn't really speak any English. He tried to use the jack we had on the car, decided it would take too long, went back to his truck, pulled out a bigger, better, real jack from his front passenger seat, and quickly jacked up the car and changed the tire for us. We thanked him and Kim followed us back to my house. She didn't want to drive so late on a spare and deal with all the construction/road closures, so she spent the night too. It was a fun and eventful night, and again thankful there are still nice people out there.
The next day, we had a rough start. The chocolate mousse to my cheesecake was not setting and was oozing out from the ganache, Ryan misjudged the time and we missed lunch with my siblings, I almost broke our sink disposal, tried to be on time to the Toal's Octoberfest get together but then Ryan accidentally left the door cracked open when we left, got a call from the alarm company, turned around to head back home, on a turn, the cheesecake slides and I get chocolate mousse/ganache all over my white button down and jeans, change of clothes, make sure house is all closed/locked up, definitely arrive later than planned. The first half of that day was not fun (*side note, after reading what I just wrote, I instantly thought "first world problems" in my head)... good thing the second half turned things around. We had a good time at the Toals and then met Jason, Diane, and Jimmy for dinner and checked out a park with them.
Last week before the wedding! Can't wait to see how everything turned out and to see these two awesome people get married.
Wednesday, October 15, 2014
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment