I can't believe we're already half way into this pregnancy and with how fast January seems to be going, May will come faster than I think it will. Our spare bedroom isn't even cleared out yet. We started finding other places for all the junk we threw in there, but no furniture or room for baby stuff yet. Counting on him staying safe with me until close to his due date, so lets hope that is what happens so we have some time.
I hit 20 weeks while we were in Paris and am starting to wear some maternity clothes now. Over the trip, my belly decided to pop out. Ryan said it just happened. I guess it was hard for me to tell what was going on in my belly, I would feel something going on, but I didn't exactly know if that was the baby moving or what. After seeing the ultrasound and how much he was squirming around, I now know all those little feelings are due to him.
We had one ultrasound to confirm the pregnancy and haven't had another one until now, for the anatomy scan. They confirmed it was a boy, and we got to see all sorts of angles around him. From the bones of his fingers, to his jaw/mouth opening and closing, the four chambers of his heart pumping, how the blood flows from his umbilical cord, his spine, etc. It was so fun to see, especially since the last time we saw him, he was just a, for lack of a better word, blob. They said he is healthy and everything checked out great.
In addition to checking on what's going on with him, they found that I had three fibroids. There is no known cause on why fibroids develop. We don't know if they were there before or if they formed during the pregnancy. They aren't hurting me or him at this point, so they will just have to continue to monitor them and their growth.
Ryan's grandparents got me a snoogle for Christmas, and I love it. I feel like I get into a little cocoon and it helps me sleep on my side at night. I can sleep through most of the night, but sometimes get up once to pee and am able to fall back asleep. I haven't been taking naps, but we both did while on our trip to London and Paris. At first I thought it was just me, but anytime I slept, Ryan was passed out too.
Baby and I did well on the trip. I tried to keep up with everything, but probably did not stay as hydrated as I should have, which is probably why my belly would sometimes tighten up and I'd get out of breath easily. We learned to take breaks, buy water, and when rest outweighed sight seeing. Sometimes, it felt dumb because we made it all the way over there and should be out exploring, but had to rest when we needed to.
No big cravings since my donut phase. While on vacation, I missed eating more fresh veggies and fruit. We ended up buying some fruit from a stand and stocked up when we got home. *Update* Right after I posted this and I got up to get a Halo (clementine). I am not sure this is a craving, but I do really enjoy eating these and have been for the past few months. Anytime families around us were eating oranges or clementines on the trip, I found myself slightly staring at them because I wanted one. We did get some from a fruit stand, and I remember eating 3-4 of them as a midnight snack in addition to some of a fresh baguette from a bakery on our block.
The house looks a little sad now that I put all the Christmas decorations away. I got tired from packing all of that up and probably shouldn't have been standing on chairs/bar stools to reach things, but I got it done. I probably also shouldn't have been moving a bookshelf by myself (it was empty), but I felt like it needed to move. I did realize I shouldn't be moving furniture after that one and didn't move the second one with it, yet.
Slowly working on prepping things for his arrival. We purchased a rocker the other day. Now on to looking up the schedule for a hospital tour and newborn, breastfeeding, childbirth classes, and taking it easy.
Wednesday, January 14, 2015
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment