Monday, January 12, 2015

Christmas

I hope everyone had a great Christmas and New Years. We celebrated many things this holiday season. My dad officially retired this year and had a very nice retirement party at work that Ryan and I were able to attend. He even received a plaque from the Mayor that declared January 1st as his day! We told him the fireworks were now for him and not the New Year. At work, his nickname was "Tiger." One man a long time ago when he first started working there decided to call him "Tiger" and it just stuck. There was "Tiger" all over his retirement party. His co-workers had such great things to say about him and it was nice to share that moment with him.

Ryan and I had our 5 year anniversary this month. We invited our family and some friends to dinner to celebrate together. We ended up getting last minute tickets to the Houston Texans game that weekend and had a great time. I am not a big sports person at all, and this was my first NFL game to attend. Ryan and I booked a trip to London & Paris over New Years as part of our anniversary and Christmas present. Since we have been married, we have traveled almost every winter and summer.

2009: (married in Winter) Disney World & Vegas
2010: Cancun, Orange County/Anaheim, and NYC
2011: Venice, Florence, and Rome, Italy and Washington, D.C.
2012: Denver, Montreal, Niagara Falls, road trip through the Adirondacks, and Lake Champlain, Vermont
2013: Princess cruise to Playa Del Carmen, Roatan, and Belize City
2014: San Francisco, Seattle, Vancouver, London, and Paris

We have been so fortunate to travel to all these places together and make so many fun memories. We probably won't be traveling as often once baby boy arrives, but I'm sure this next "trip" in our lives will be the most memorable.

We spent Christmas Eve with Ryan's family for a bacon wrapped Christmas... so. much. bacon. I'm not sure I ever want to see that much bacon again. We spent Christmas at my dad's with my family. We buy gifts for the kids and then have a white elephant exchange with everyone else. I ended up with a potato clock. It was wrapped really well and the potatoes were included. Unwrapping those potatoes was hilarious. Of course no one stole that from me. Good job Thomas!

I met up with Kim and Marisa at Benihana another night to celebrate our CYP christmas. I couldn't believe Marisa had never been there before! We enjoyed a nice show with dinner and exchanged small gifts with each other.

New Years/Europe and baby updates to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment