Wednesday, March 25, 2015

Sunshine

One week down, 6+ weeks to go!! 

Thankfully the first week wasn't so bad. 

On Thursday last week, we moved to another room. Wednesday night, our nurse mentioned that if I was getting tired of this view, let her know and we can change rooms. She said that night would be a good night to do it since it was a little slow. I asked for a room with a couch, she had two options, and took Ryan to go check them out. The room he picked wasn't cleaned until Thursday morning, but I'm glad we moved. The room is slightly bigger, has more windows/light, a better view, and the couch is a lot more comfortable for Ryan to sleep on instead of a pull out chair. 

I got a little sad this weekend being stuck in my room for so long. When Ryan needed to leave to take care of Lily or get things at home, I instantly became sad and a little jealous that I couldn't go with him. I'm sure I'll feel like this on and off the rest of my time here. 

I had mentioned feeling a little sad to the doctor on Monday, and she said I could go outside (in a wheelchair) for 30 minutes each day. I was really excited that she suggested this! I stare outside but have not been outside in a week, only up and down the halls on my floor. I waited until Ryan came to see me during his break and had him take me outside. It felt weird, exciting, and just what I needed to lift my spirits up a bit. Belem came to visit me that day and joined us for my first outing. We just parked in the sun and chatted for a while before I had to go back in. It is something small, but that little time outside gives me something to look forward to each day. 

Once a week on Monday or Tuesday, I have new bloodwork drawn and I see MFM again for an ultrasound to check on the baby. After I have these appointments, I am sort of done for the week. Everyday my doctor comes to visit, my blood pressure continues to be monitored around every 4-5 hours, and baby gets monitored twice a day. Blood work and ultrasound continue to look normal this week. 👍

Ryan was able to set up some things at home last week. He would go home during the day for a few hours and we'd Skype so he can show me what he is working on or if I wanted it a certain way. He got a lot done last week, so we aren't as unprepared as I thought we would be I guess. Baby boy's nursery is starting to come together, and I'm loving how it looks. Ryan is back at work this week. We're still trying to figure out a schedule that works best for us. 

Grateful for our family and sweet friends who come visit to help pass the time. I think we've had someone come visit everyday and it's been really nice.

I'll update again soon with some maternity pictures we were able to take the evening before we were re-admitted.

No comments:

Post a Comment