Just a quick post on some things that we've been up to.
We had Barkley, Lily's boyfriend, over for a weekend when his parents had to go out of town. Lily loved being able to have someone to play with all day long.
I have tried to find a good pumpkin patch to take my nieces to and wanted a place that had more than just a bunch of pumpkins clumped together. We went to Cypress United Methodist Church near my dad's house. Last year, they had a lot more themed areas/set ups that were great for photos. They had some this year, but it was definitely better last year. The kids had a good time running around, and we snapped a bunch of photos.
I made Lauri a "boo" bucket for her birthday. I also made one for Gary and dropped it off at his school since we haven't seen him in awhile. I have never been one to get into the Halloween spirit, but it was fun creating a small gift like this. I also bought more pumpkins this year than I ever have before. I think there are 7-8 pumpkins in our house right now.
On Friday, I went with Sophia on her field trip to Froberg's Farm in Alvin, TX. They had a small pumpkin patch, small area for kids to take a strawberry plant home, throw bean bags, and have a rubber ducky water race. We went on a trailer ride to a corn maze and watched them plant strawberries. I liked their corn maze more than the one at Dewberry Farms. At Dewberry, there are lots of places you can enter/exit the race so you can't really get lost. You can go in and out in any given area. At Froberg's, they had three specific entrance/exit areas and so it was easier to get lost trying to find your way out. Sophia and I went through the whole maze with a teacher, a mom, and another little girl. It was a long maze, so Sophia passed out within two minutes when I put her in the car. I loved spending the morning with her and having her hold my hand all day. It was just so sweet. I heard the strawberries are really good here... I just don't know if I want to drive an hour out there to pick strawberries next year. We'll see.
After my brother picked her up, we had dinner club that night, and we were hosting. The theme this time around is brunch. Ryan is currently in College Station for the A&M game, so we decided to have it Friday night instead of brunch time on Saturday. I forgot to take photos, but we had bloody marys (Ryan tried to make clear tomato water but it didn't exactly work out), mimosas, beer, wine, sausage balls, fruit, cinnamon rolls, spinach and bacon quiche, and bacon. After dinner, we built a fire outside on the deck and had kettle corn that I bought from Froberg's earlier that day. We also had stuff for s'mores in case anyone wanted to make one.
Now, I'm off to relax a bit before heading out to see the Owen kids! Hope everyone is enjoying this lovely fall weather lately.
Monday, October 28, 2013
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment