Sunday, October 13, 2013

Lazy Weekend

Typically, even if I don't have any plans to go anywhere, I get dressed when I wake up. Sometimes I am a little disappointed if I didn't go anywhere, but today I didn't want to do a thing. I'm still in my pjs and have only stepped out of the house to let Lily outside. Ryan and I have had the chance to catch up on some down time this weekend and football has been on TV nonstop. Even though we had a few things to do this weekend, it has been really nice to just relax.

I babysat my niece, Taylor, on Friday, because she was sick. Even though she wasn't feeling her best, she is still so funny. She has so much language and talks about everything. I love getting to spend time with her. I couldn't get her to do a "sic 'em bears" yet, but Ryan liked that she liked waving the 12th man towel around a bit.


The night before, Lily had a problem with peeing too much. We'd let her out to pee, and then within 30 minutes after coming back in, she'd pee while she was laying down. She did it again soon after that and then had dribbles throughout the night. It was very annoying waking up several times during the night to clean up after her mess. I called the vet Friday morning, and she went in that afternoon after Ryan got off work.

They couldn't get a urine sample from her that day. We dropped her off first thing in the morning on Saturday, and she wouldn't pee for them again. We eventually had to get the stuff from them and gather the urine sample on our own since she couldn't relax enough around them to pee. We heard back from the vet that night, and Lily has either a UTI or stones. We're hoping it isn't stones, but she is on antibiotics and special dog food specifically for urinary issues. If this doesn't help, then we'll have to get x-rays and do a urine culture sample to see which antibiotics would work best to target what is going on with her. FUN STUFF. Other than that, she is doing well. I think she will always have a little bit of a limp to her walk, but I know it is strong enough. So strong in fact that in her attempts to catch a squirrel, she broke one board on our fence. I hope after this round of antibiotics, I won't have any more Lily health related stories to share.

No comments:

Post a Comment