Friday, December 12, 2014

Baby Newman

We have exciting news to share... We're pregnant! Baby boy Newman will be arriving towards the end of May next year. We found out late in September and kept it quiet for a while. Eventually, we started to tell a few friends and decided to wait until Thanksgiving to tell our families. This is such an exciting time for us and our families, we tried to capture the moment when we told them, but of course that didn't always work out.

I started to document how things were going for us since we found out, but like this blog, that trailed off. For the first trimester, I was just really tired. Everyday around 2pm, I would crash. For a short period of time, chicken was disgusting. I didn't really get morning sickness or throw up, but I did feel nauseous from time to time. Brushing my teeth was difficult since I was gagging so much but luckily that has gotten better. Also, I gagged less when we used colgate instead of crest toothpaste, don't know why. For a few weeks, if I saw a donut on TV or heard about it, I wanted one. Ryan had to make a few trips to the 24 hr Shipleys we have nearby. Week 12 was not so fun. I use to take a nasal allergy medication but since we found out about the baby, I can't take it anymore. Saline is my only option right now. Week 12, I had a temperature that ranged from 99.4-100.6, and I was so congested. I don't know if I was developing a sinus infection or what, but eventually I got better and thankful that I didn't reach 101 or had to go in.

We had our first ultrasound on October 21st. We were able to see the heart flickering and hear his heartbeat. I went back to the doctor shortly after that to have some blood work done. On November 12th, we had a voicemail waiting on my phone telling us if we were having a boy or a girl. I had received the call earlier that day but asked them to call back and leave the voicemail so that Ryan and I could find out together. Of course, it had to be a day where Ryan taught a night class and wouldn't be home until around 9pm. That voicemail notification stared at me all day... Finally listened to the message and got a "YES" from Ryan when he heard we are having a boy.

We're into our second trimester now. Chicken is fine, I find fast food amazing and have had more fast food since I've been pregnant than I have all year, 2pm crash time has gone away, but I still take a nap sometimes, had a crazy emotional moment at the movies, miss runny eggs, cold cut sandwiches, and lots of sushi. I think Lily knew before we did. She has been at my side ever since and follows me around everywhere. Not sure she is liking the less play time but I guess she has to get use to it once baby boy arrives. I'll try to put some of our videos together and post that soon. Loved capturing the fun moments where we were able to tell our family and friends. Baby boy is already so loved, and I can't wait to meet him.

Here's a video where I tried to clip together some of the reactions

No comments:

Post a Comment