My doctor, or someone in her practice, checks on me everyday. They say everything continues to look good for now so we'll just keep going.
I haven't felt as sad as I did that first weekend after we were admitted. I think getting through the first week is the hardest. I had to come to terms with being in here and understanding why I was in here. I've been reading stories about other people's experience with preeclampsia. Sometimes it makes me wonder why I can't be at home on bed rest instead of here, yet other times it makes me thankful I'm being so closely monitored and kept here instead of the craziness that some others had gone through. I've become okay with staying in the hospital by now and just taking things day by day. Time goes by faster than I thought it would.
Ryan has been such a trooper through all of this. Any time I have lost it, he continues to be strong for the both of us. I know it must be so hard on him going back and forth all the time. He has created his own routine for things now between me in the hospital, Lily at home, and work. We're both looking forward to him having this Friday off. He still spends almost every night with me in the hospital, even if most of the time he gets up before 6am to get ready for work. I can't express how thankful I am for him.
We've had a lot of visitors this past week and continue to have a visitor come almost every day. Last Wednesday, the shopping center directly in front of the hospital, that I see from my window, and where I spend most of my outside time, had a happy hour event with a live band, light bites from the restaurants there, free Saint Arnold's beer, a Photobooth, and bags. My sister, Kim, and Claudia came to visit and took me down to the event. My doctor extended my time to about an hour that day instead of the normal 30 mins. Other than being in a wheelchair for the event, I almost felt normal being out there. The center will be having this event every other Wednesday, so I'm looking forward to going out again.
Friday night, Kim (not my sister) came to visit and spend the night with me to give Ryan a night off. I think the last time I saw her was at my baby shower earlier that month, so it was good to catch up.
Saturday was suppose to be my second baby shower that Ryan's mom was hosting. We had to cancel the shower since I'm in the hospital, but we had a lot of visitors throughout the day. Ryan's mom brought up the decorations she had already made earlier last week and put them up in my room to brighten it up a bit.
Since I knew we were having a few people come, I actually got dressed that day instead of staying in my pjs. Even though my pjs are very comfortable, it felt nice to get ready too. That morning, while Eric and Kailtyn were visiting, Ryan brought Lily up to the hospital, and I was able to finally see her since I was admitted. He just met us outside and I got to pet and hug on her until my outside time was over. Seeing her was another little thing that made me feel better.
I was suppose to host dinner club last Saturday and of course had to cancel, so the girls brought dinner club to me. They brought dinner and we were able to catch up while Ryan went to Eric and Kaitlyn's wedding shower that evening. Saturday was a busy day but it went by quickly. Thank you to everyone who stopped by and for the candy, flowers, care basket with so many goodies, and food.
We made it to 2 weeks in the hospital on Monday, and baby is now at 32 weeks. Sunday, my doctor increased my outside time to one hour and 2-3 times a day instead of just once. I still have to have someone take me and sit in the wheelchair, but it is nice to have an option to get out if I want to. Continuing to cross our fingers that we have another 5 weeks to go until he reaches 37 weeks. Happy to see that April is here. One more month baby boy, just hold out for one more month, maybe I should be saying this to my placenta and body instead of the baby since he isn't the one causing the scares, either way, whatever I need to be directing it to, hold out for one more month.





No comments:
Post a Comment