Claudia had texted me an image of a onesie she liked a day or two before the baby arrived. I had actually made that particular design on a onesie before for my niece. So, while Ryan and I were over at their house letting the dogs out, I was able to grab one of the plain white onesies and painted on the design she liked. Luckily, I already had the materials I needed at home. I've seen this done on pinterest several times and it is pretty easy. The hardest and most time consuming part is cutting out the design. Claudia and I both love how it turned out. It is a real easy project to do if you want to personalize some basic shirts/onesies/etc.
1) I measured out the dimensions of how big I wanted the image to be on the onesie- then created my images on the computer with those dimensions
2) Print out the design, put freezer paper (shiny side down) over the image, and trace it
3) Cut out the image from the freezer paper (any empty or place where you cut out the freezer paper is where paint will go)
4) Iron the freezer paper onto the onesie (shiny side down)
5) Use fabric paint and paint in the open areas of the onesie (don't forget to put something in the onesie so the paint doesn't bleed through to the other side)
6) Allow the paint to completely dry and then peel off the freezer paper
7) Iron the area you painted to set it (put a paper towel or thin towel in between so the paint won't stick to the iron)
2) Print out the design, put freezer paper (shiny side down) over the image, and trace it
3) Cut out the image from the freezer paper (any empty or place where you cut out the freezer paper is where paint will go)
4) Iron the freezer paper onto the onesie (shiny side down)
5) Use fabric paint and paint in the open areas of the onesie (don't forget to put something in the onesie so the paint doesn't bleed through to the other side)
6) Allow the paint to completely dry and then peel off the freezer paper
7) Iron the area you painted to set it (put a paper towel or thin towel in between so the paint won't stick to the iron)
I really enjoyed making these personalized gifts. If you try to make one, I'd love to see how it turned out.
No comments:
Post a Comment