A lot has happened last week, so I am going to write a few posts about them separately.
Earlier last week, my friend, Lauri, had asked me about ideas for a simple Dr. Seuss invitation. I told her I'd get back with her that night, and then ended up sending her the invite below. I have had a lot of fun playing around with and learning more about Photoshop lately, so that is what I used to create the invitation. I made a red background, inserted white diagonal lines, inserted a white rounded rectangular box, copied and pasted a fish bowl image I found through Google images, and then used varying text within the invitation. I'm happy with how it turned out. If you'd like to use the invitation as well, you can edit the text within Photoshop here or I left blanks where you can insert text boxes over the image here. If you used the invitation, please post them because I'd love to see pictures of it!
On Saturday, Sophia (my niece) and I went to Liam's (Lauri's son) one year old birthday party. Lauri had a Dr. Seuss themed baby shower, Liam's nursery has a Dr. Seuss theme with an awesome Cat in the Hat painted on the wall, so his one year old birthday party was a Dr. Seuss themed pool party. She made cute Cat in the Hat "hats" with strawberries and marshmallows. He had cupcakes with blue icing and thing 1 on them. I love this theme. I didn't get to take as many pictures as I wanted since I was running around after my niece, but I was glad I was able to make it to the party. Sophia had a good time too. She passed out on the way home within 5 minutes. Happy Birthday Liam!
Monday, June 24, 2013
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




This is absolutely adorable! Thank you so much for the download!
ReplyDeleteIs there any way I can move the "TURNS" wording over a little bit? My son's name is LOGAN the "TURNS" is in back of his name.
Hi Erica,
DeleteThank you! I'd be happy to help, but it sort of depends on what program you're using to put the words into the invitation. If you're using the .png file, then you can open it in paint, select a box around the word "turns," move it over, and then save it again. If that doesn't work, email me (nguyenkimmy@gmail.com), and I can send you one with it moved over a bit. I have a simple thank you card to print that I can also send you if you want as well.
-Kimmy