I followed the directions from a website I found through pinterest called Kevin & Amanda.
It makes a lot of ice cream, so I'll probably halve the recipe next time. I turned out ok, not as smooth texture wise and it has a lot of crystals. I actually think if I let it melt a little before I scoop it, it might have been better. Since I didn't have mint extract, I took some mint leaves from a plant I have growing on my front porch and steeped it in some of the heaving whipping cream, refrigerated it so that it gets cool again, and then used it to make the whipped cream before folding it into the condensed milk + mixings. I think this recipe would be good if you had a lot of mixings or additions to give it more flavor. It reminded me of the 5 minute ice cream you make in a bag- which in all honesty, I might just make instead of this whenever we finally run out of it. The natural mint flavor is not quite as good as the green fake one you get at the store, but it gave it enough flavor. I tried...
No comments:
Post a Comment