Tuesday, December 31, 2013

December Summary

I wanted to write longer posts about the cruise, anniversary, and Christmas, but there just isn't enough time. Well, there is some time, but I'd rather lay on the couch and watch movies with my husband while he is on winter break. Instead, here is a summary of what has happened this December.

Before we left for our cruise, Marisa, Kim, and I realized that crazy times were ahead and we didn't know when we would be able to have our annual CYP Christmas get together. We ended up just getting together that night at my house and I cooked dinner. I always look forward to getting together with these girls even though I talk to them everyday. Hopefully, we'll plan it a little better next year.

Ryan and I initially tried to go on a cruise with Rachel and Ross. Timing didn't work out and they bought a new house. So, we still booked a cruise for the two of us. Ryan has been on a cruise before, but I haven't. It was a fun time getting to relax and not have to worry about anything. So much FOOD. The weather wasn't the best for our trip. Highlights: going through an underground cave, traffic in Cozumel/Playa del Carmen made us an hour late for the ship, Ryan lost and found his cruise card while we were rushing to get on the boat, went through a monkey zoo in the rain in Roatan, watched a spider monkey steal a guy's glasses, snorkling off a 1 acre caye in Belize, playing with a small puppy on that caye, and just celebrating another year with my hubby.

The Sunday after we got back, we got together with my family at my cousins' house. We all buy gifts for the kids, and we did a white elephant exchange with the adults. Steals are always so fun/funny. We ended up with an ottoman and a Starbucks gift card. I'm so thankful for a big family and the times we get together.
My siblings and some of my cousins. The other side of the photo - my dad and uncle.

We had another white elephant exchange with Ryan's family on Christmas Eve. We ate, exchanged our Secret Santa gifts, had numerous attempts of getting a family photo, did a white elephant gift exchange, and then played games. His aunt ended up with Cards Against Humanity, and so the night ended on a funny but awkward note.

Christmas day, we went to my dad's house for brunch and then to Ryan's grandparents for dinner. Even though it was such a busy time, we had so much fun spending it with our family. Hope everyone had a Merry Christmas.

Other happenings: Jonathan, Chris, and Katherine were in town for the holidays, so we were able to meet up with them for dinner and dessert. We were also able to spend another day with Jonathan before he left. I got a haircut and had them cut off about 4 inches. Ryan and I made reservations for Oxheart back in November, so we went with the Smullens this past Sunday night as an early New Years celebration. We always have a great time with the Smullens. Doesn't hurt that the food was amazing as well.

We have been blessed with so many great friends and family. Lots of good, bad, scary, hilarious, and amazing memories made in 2013. I'm a little surprised I somewhat kept up with blogging this year. I will try to continue that next year. Have a safe New Years everyone. I'm excited to see what 2014 will bring.

No comments:

Post a Comment