One of the weirdest but wonderful things that happened over the weekend was running into Alfie. We use to go to Denny's late at night a lot I think senior year of high school and when we were all home from college. When we would go to Denny's, Alfie was often our waitress. She was a hoot. Always entertaining and had the same things she would say. If you ordered a water, she would say "here's your scotch." I remember I usually ordered the french vanilla cappuccino. She would tell me she put some rum or cognac in there for me. We don't go to Denny's often anymore, maybe under a handful of times in the past 5+ years. The last time we went was after our high school reunion. We had asked about her then, but no one there seemed to recognize the name. On Saturday, after the wedding, we decided to grab some late night food. The wedding was in The Woodlands, so we ended up at a one in Spring. We were so surprised to see her there. We were more surprised that she remembered us! I don't know if that is good or bad that she remembered us, but it was good to see her again. Same entertaining Alfie, just a different Denny's.
Another busy, but fun weekend with friends and family.
No comments:
Post a Comment