Monday, August 12, 2013

Birthday Weekend

It has been a very busy week/weekend. On Friday, we babysat our niece, Taylor, during the day, and then had my birthday party that evening. Since my birthday is within Houston Restaurant Week(s)/Month, we usually have a group of friends meet up at a restaurant, and then come over to our house for games. Two years ago, we went to Masraffs and played family feud. Last year, we went to The Capitol at St. Germaine and played minute to win it games. This year, we didn't go to a restaurant, but ordered pizzas and played minute to win it and cards against humanity. I forgot to take photos, but I am so glad Diane and Stacy sent me some. Diane also made a fun video, so check that out here. The Minute to Win It games are really easy to plan. I bought most of the material at Dollar Tree. We split into two teams. I had the games on popsicle sticks in a cup. Someone would pick a stick for the next game, and whichever team won, the stick was placed in their cup for a point. Since we have an Apple TV, we used the firefox addon to download the youtube video clips that explained what the game was and to download a fun minute to win it timer that we were able to play on our TV so everyone could see. We gave out mini trophies and gold medals to Team 1 who won, and silver medals to Team 2. I had such a great time, and I think everyone else did too. If you want to have your own Minute To Win It Party, you can edit or print out a document I used to help with the planning here. After those games, we played Cards Against Humanity that Diane and Jimmy brought over. Funny game and a funny night. So thankful to have amazing friends to share another birthday with.


On Saturday, we celebrated Ryan's mom, grandmother, and my birthday with a family brunch. Of course there was way too much food. We had brie with figs, smoked salmon with capers, onions, and cream cheese with bagels, shrimp and grits, eggs benedict, lemon curd bites, bloody marys, mimosas, bilinis, and more. Settlers of Catan was introduced to the rest of the family. I think we'll have to buy the expansion pack soon. Thank you Owens for teaching us how to play this game! I only lasted for one game, and ended up passing out on the couch from too much yummy food.


On my actual birthday, Sunday, we met my family at my mom's and then we went out for lunch. We spend the rest of the night relaxing and had a movie night at home. Thank you everyone for another amazing birthday. I am so lucky to have such great friends and family. I love you all!

2 comments:

  1. https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLF_2k7u1kGXKeNk0W2xK0k3fnEquOVq-M

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awesome list Hayley! The game "Shower puff" isn't a Minute to Win It game. I saw the game on Pinterest one day and just added it to the list. Basically, you need 2 people for the game per team. One person wears a shower cap with shaving cream all over it. The other person stands an agreed upon distance from them with a bowl of cheeto puffs. When the time starts, the player with the bowl of cheetos throws the cheetos and tries to have them stick to the shaving cream on the partner's head. The team with the most cheetos wins.

      Delete