Saturday, August 17, 2013

Exploring Houston

On Tuesday, my cousins, who were also the flower girls in my wedding, Lan and Linh, came over to spend the day with us. I decided we'd use the day to explore more of Houston, so our first stop was to Kegg's Chocolate Factory. They offer about a 30 minute tour to groups of 10 or more with a reservation. Those without a reservation can just come at any time. The tour is $5/person, but then they give you a voucher to spend $5 in their store with a tour. I had called Kegg's a little after 10 to see if anything would be going on that day. They said they had scheduled tours at 11 and 12 so most likely something would be going on. We got there a little after 11 and nothing... There is a long hallway to walk down lined with windows to look into the candy making/chocolate making process, but nothing was on and there were a few workers packaging chocolate. I thought maybe there is another part or you get to go inside somewhere, but nope. That was it. Just the hallway with windows. Glad we didn't pay for the tour since it wasn't one. We bought a few chocolates to try and some candy for the girls. The chocolate was good. If you're interested in chocolate in Houston, then just go to the chocolate bar. Lots of choices there and a small window where you can see them dipping chocolates, which is more than we saw at Kegg's.

Next stop, the Chase Tower - Sky Lobby. There are elevators right when you enter the front of the building that only go to the 60th floor where the observation deck is located. My ears popped each way. Once you get on the 60th floor, there is one wall with floor to ceiling windows and a beautiful view of Houston. My cousins went around finding things downtown and enjoying the fact that dots on the picture they just took were people down below. There were maybe 8-10 other people up there at the time, so it wasn't crowded or loud. I really enjoyed it up there, glad we went, and I will probably come back. I wish it was open on the weekends or during the evening though.


From the Chase Tower, we went down to the tunnels of Houston and just walked around. We grabbed some dumplings and Chick Fil A for lunch, went home, watched Disney movies, and painted our nails (except Ryan, of course). We had a fun day exploring more of Houston and spending time with my cousins. I need more ideas of what to explore next...

No comments:

Post a Comment