I usually get together with my family every Sunday. We usually end up planning what we're doing Saturday evenings or just the day of. This past Sunday, we were all invited for bbq in Galveston at my uncle's beach house. Ryan and I went down a little bit before because I wanted to go on a dolphin watch boat. We got to Galveston around 9:30am and went on the first tour by Baywatch Dolphin Tours which was at 10am. The tour is only $10/adult and was about 45 minutes long. It was well worth it! I had such a great time. We saw a lot of dolphins. I forgot to bring some Dramamine because I get motion sickness, but I was so happy to see dolphins throughout most of the tour that I didn't end up feeling sick. If you're going down to Galveston, I'd recommend the dolphin tour. After the tour, we stopped by La Kings confectionery to share a root beer shake and bought some candy to share with my cousins. After having fajitas and gumbo, we walked out to the beach with my nieces. I didn't think they were going to stay long, so I didn't change and I didn't put on sunscreen. While we were out there, my cousins came down to join us, and then my uncle and my dad came down to join us. We ended up being out there for a few hours. I didn't realize it until a few hours in that I was thirsty and my skin was radiating heat. I have never been this sun burnt. Luckily though, throughout this week, I have been putting on cold aloe vera and the sunburn is almost gone, without any peeling. I forgot that I actually enjoy Galveston, brown water and all. Sure, I'd prefer a beautiful blue beach, but Galveston is so close and a fun short day or two trip. We need to go back soon. I just need to remember to respect the Texas heat.
On Monday, baby Smullen was born! Ryan and I were able to visit with the Smullens that evening. Baby Ian is adorable, and I love how sweet Charlie can be with him. I had tried to create something for Charlie and Ian before coming to visit, and ended up burning my arm on the iron because I was rushing. Charlie loves Thomas the Train, so I tried to make him a "big brother" tshirt using Thomas fabric and also made Ian a clip on bowtie in the same fabric. It was a bit rushed, but I hope they liked it. If you want me to explain a little more on how I made the shirt, let me know. Can't wait to visit them again once they are settled at home.
Saturday, August 3, 2013
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
.png)

No comments:
Post a Comment