Ryan and I are on the wrong schedule, or more so than we were already. I don't drink that much coffee, usually once/twice a week and only one cup a day when I do. Also, when I make my coffee and take it to go, I usually don't even finish it. I think the smell wakes me up more than anything. Since it is so hot in Houston, I don't really like making a hot cup of coffee and taking it with me in the morning. Using regular coffee over ice just isn't strong enough. I've followed iced coffee recipes from pinterest before, but since I don't drink it that often (and Ryan drinks coffee even less than I do), I only wanted to make iced coffee a cup at a time. When I have the time, I make cafe sua da (Vietnamese Iced Coffee). Cafe sua da is made where the coffee slowly drips down. I'm the kind of person who presses the snooze button even if it is for one minute more. One minute turns into too many, which causes me to rush to get ready. I don't have time for a slow drip. This week, I randomly thought of a way to make one cup of iced coffee and it worked out great. Before I went to bed, I filled a glass with water, stirred in coffee grounds (I used chickory coffee from cafe du monde), covered it, and set it in the fridge over night. In the morning, I gave the glass a quick stir, poured the coffee water through a tea sock (I use it to make thai tea and bought this from a Vietnamese store, but you can probably use a coffee filter or maybe layers of cheesecloth), stirred in some condensed milk, filled with ice, and I was out the door! It was faster than my keurig or making cafe sua da the regular way. The amount of coffee grounds and condensed milk is just according to your preference.
On Friday, I received a fun surprise in the mail. My best friend, Kim, sent a happy mail package with a few of her favorite things to share with me. It was a fun surprise! I can't wait to use some of the things she put in there including the washi tape since I haven't used any before. She also included a new rope for Lily. We just threw away one of Lily's old ropes because it came undone, so it was perfect timing. Thanks for the happy mail, Kim!
Saturday, July 27, 2013
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment