This Saturday, Marisa and I co hosted a baby shower for the Smullens at my house. We invited people over for BBQ and asked for guests to bring diapers and beer instead of gifts. I originally wanted to send out invitations, but time got away from us all, and so we ended up sending out an evite. At least I was able to upload an image of it to use as a part of the evite. I liked the invitation. Since I was using some chalkboard as part of the decorations, I made a chalkboard invite for the Beer and Babies (and BBQ) shower. Feel free to use it if you'd like. You can get the photoshop file here or use the blank image here. I blurred out the address and number, but below is an image of the invite. I had to switch the invite to horizontal in order to use it with the evite design I picked. If you'd like the horizontal version, let me know.
This is their second child, so they didn't need to do a big baby registry or anything, but Marisa and I wanted to do something. I made some small decorations around the house using white packaging paper and twine for banners, pink and blue balloons (they are going to wait to find out the sex of the baby), streamers hanging from a curtain rod in a hallway for a photobooth, and some chalkboard displays around the house. On the buffet table, I just laid my remaining chalkboard contact paper on top and wrote what the dishes were on there. We had bruschetta, bbq pork sliders with slaw, bow tie pasta, bbq chips, brownies, butterscotch pecan cookies, blow pops, lots of beer, and root beer. We had bocce ready for outside, but it was just too hot! I love spending time with my best friends since the 7th grade. I'm excited to share these big moments with them and excited to meet baby Smullen 2!
Monday, July 8, 2013
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment